Top 10 Tips for Finding the Right College
- How important is the geographic location to you?
- Do you want a smaller school or larger school?
- Do you want to go close to home or far away?
- Do you want to live in a big city or in a small town?
- Do you want an academically demanding environment, or one where you can do well without working as hard?
- Do you know what you want to major in, and if that school offers that program?
- Do you want to play a sport in college, and do you think you have the ability to play?
- What are you looking for in the social scene?
- Is having a Greek life (fraternities & sororities) important to you?
- Are college costs of great concern to you and your family?
“Marilyn Kaufman has been an invaluable resource in our college selection and application process. From our first meeting she took a sincere interest in our son and got to know him academically and personally to help him in his college selection process. Their time together was always productive with a goal for what was to be accomplished during their next meeting. Organization and prioritization are two life skills that she has imparted to our son; two skills that took a lot of the stress out of the entire college application process.”